Brittany, France Holiday Rentals

Accommodation, activities and attractions of Brittany, France

Countryside in France.

Home >> Peak District UK Accommodation >> France >> Brittany, France

Brittany is a former independent kingdom and duchy, and a province of France. It is also, more generally, the name of the cultural area whose limits correspond to the old province and independent duchy. Brittany is one of the six Celtic nations. It was at one time called "Lesser Britain".

The historical province of Brittany was split between two modern-day régions of France. 80% of Brittany has become the région of Bretagne, while the remaining 20% of Brittany (Loire-Atlantique département with its préfecture Nantes, one of the former capitals of the duchy of Brittany) has been grouped with other historical provinces (Anjou, Maine, and so on) to create the région of Pays-de-la-Loire (that is "lands of the Loire"). For the reasons behind the splitting-up of Brittany, and the current debate regarding reunification, see the Bretagne article.

Brittany occupies a large peninsula in the northwest of France, lying between the English Channel to the north and the Bay of Biscay to the south. Its land area is 34,034 km² (13,137 sq mi). The region is divided into five departments: to the west is Finistere, Côtes-d'Armor lies to the North, Ille-et-Vilaine is in the north-east, Loire-Atlantique is to the south-east and Morbihan lies in the middle.

(from the Wikipedia)

Gites, Holiday homes to rent in Brittany

To be added.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Home] [Advertise your property on this site] [North West] [North East] [South West] [South East] [brittany-accommodation] [The Auvergne] [Bed and Breakfast] [Hotels] [OtherHotels] [Cottages for 2] [Cottages for 3] [Cottages for 4] [Cottages for 5] [Cottages for 6] [Cottages for 7] [Cottages for 8 or more] [lakes]

 

Google
Web www.thepeakdistrict.info

[Peak District Home Page] [Peak District Accommodation] [House sales (non Peak)] [Peak District house sales] [Peak District Towns] [Peak District Attractions] [Booksales] [Peak District Views] [Shopping] [Mining in the Peak District] [Team Building]
Copyright - Chevinside Publications 2002 - 2007. If you use any material from this site please credit it accordingly and link to our site. This page was last updated on Saturday, January 19, 2008. The information on this Peak District web site is given in good faith and is for information only, we cannot be held responsible for how the information is subsequently used. You should satisfy yourself of the correctness before visiting or contacting these Peak District attractions or businesses.
 

 

 

 

[Home] [Accommodation] [textaccommodation] [Peak District Golf] [Peak District Golf courses] [PeakDistrictHotelslist] [Sheffieldhotels] [Peak District Golf tips] [Peak District Squash clubs] [Squash article injuries] [Squash article] [othercounties] [Buying and selling your home] [Home improvements to add value] [Choosing an estate agent] [Property valuation] [pensions and long term care] [Buying and selling homes] [restaurants] [pubs] [Chesterfieldproperty] [Peak_District_houses_for_sale] [Melbourne_cottage_sale] [Aloe Vera Products] [macclesfield_yoga] [Derybshire-language-tutor] [Team Building] [MHB] [spygames] [dmadventure] [commercial-insurance-derbyshire] [Climbing Training articles] [Strength for climbing] [Rock Climbing journal] [Rock Climbing Introduction] [Climbing Thailand, Thai Golf Courses and Golfing Holidays] [Basic rock Climbing gear] [Breast Cancer Event] [Walking articles] [Cornwall walk] [Backpacking Advice] [Tom Bates] [Insiders Guides] [Peak District Towns] [Attractions] [Booksales] [Contact] [Peak Views] [Shopping] [Web services] [Peak District, Derbyshire, General Information]