A Taste of the
Peak District, Derbyshire B&B, self catering holiday cottage accommodation, hotels, tourist attractions, walking, climbing, mountain biking history, towns, villages, geology, mining, local information, Derbyshire businesses and much more …
Peak District National
Park of Derbyshire, activities and attractions in the north west of the region.
- Walking - Often remote moorland walking needing good navigational skills
over Kinder Scout, Bleaklow and along the Pennine Way. Less demanding but
still excellent walking in and around the Goyt Valley, Shuttlingsloe and
- Climbing - High gritstone such as Kinder, Wimberry, bolted limestone
at Harpur Hill quarry near Buxton, trad limestone near Buxton at Staden Quarry
and other small venues, Cheedale sports climbing and Chee Tor trad routes.
- Cycling - Backroads and bridleways.
- Country Park - Poole’s Cavern - Buxton, Lyme Park, Tegg’s
- History - Buxton - spa town, some prehistoric and Roman.
- Scenery - Wild moorland, limestone dales, attractive and interesting
towns and villages.
- Show Caves - Blue John caverns, Devil's Arse, Treak Cliff at Castleton,
Poole's Cavern at Buxton.
- Theme Park - not really a theme park but Go Ape operate a high ropes
adventure course at Buxton.