A Taste of the
South west Peak District, Derbyshire B&B, self catering holiday cottage accommodation, hotels, tourist attractions, walking, climbing, mountain biking history, towns, villages, geology, mining, local information, Derbyshire businesses and much more …
Peak District National
Park of Derbyshire, activities and attractions in the south west of the region.
- Walking - Varied terrain over short distances, plenty of limestone dales.
Dovedale is very easy and has stepping stones across the river. The top
end of Dovedale (south of Hartington) can give some quieter walks. North
of Hartington in the Longnor area are the ridges of Chrome Hill and Parkhouse
- Climbing - Gritstone climbing at the Roaches, the Five Clouds, Hen Cloud
and Ramshaw rocks. Excellent bouldering at the Roaches, and the Baldstones.
Limestone in the Manifold Valley and Dovedale.
- Cycling - Manifold Trail, Tissington Trail, High Peak Trail, backroads
- Country Park - Ilam.
- Stately Houses - Ilam
- History - Some mining around Wetton.
- Scenery - Wild moorland (Staffordshire border), limestone dales, attractive
and interesting towns and villages.
- Theme Park - Alton Towers.